Monday, May 30, 2011

You Can't Get Shanked In A Whale:

I love to play would you rather.  I love it even more with elementary school students.  Here's an maple of what our car ride to Mississippi was like.

Me:  ok, who's got one?
Girl:  would you rather live in jail for 20 years or be eaten by a whale and live in it for 10 years?

I think about it while kids shout out their preferences.  I finally decide on jail because I think it would be miserable all alone in a whale stomach.

Me: jail!
Boy: what? 
Me: yeah, I don't think I could handle living in a whale.
Boy:  but...you can't get shanked in a whale!

Immediately everyone changed their mind and decided on whale.  I didn't have the heart to explain there are much worse things than being stabbed in jail.  So for the rest of the trip every would you rather was basically decided on whether or not you could get shanked.

When we almost were done traveling a tiny little girl voice asked gently from the back.  "what's shanking?"  I love kids.

No comments: