Wednesday, May 4, 2011

One Of The Best Days Of My Life:

Christ plucking me from my depravity is tops. Jennie marrying my slacker butt is still confounding, exciting, and humbling me. But, this day, this day just got inserted into days I will tell my kids about. Today is the day I learned you can watch Austin City Limits episodes online. And, you don't have to steal them either! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I found this out because I've just purchased the album Backatown by Trombone Shorty and enjoyed it so much I wanted to share it with you. I went looking for a video and ended up finding the website for PBS's Austin City Limits.  If you are like me then you are a huge cynic (shame on you) and his name alone would be enough to send you sneering away. But, if you like horns and rock or just things that are a little funky then you will really enjoy this album. I really recommend it for anyone who likes EarthWind, and Fire (some of the best music and videos ever) especially and even more so if you like that New Orleans stomp in your tunes.

Watch this video of Trombone Shorty throwing down and then join me as I binge on months of succulent live performances. I'm pretty sure I saw Willie Nelson and The Avett Brothers. Also, make sure you check out Gnarls Barkley who I haven't seen in concert, but have watched live performances and that is on my bucket list if they ever tour again. I'll make sure to check out Esperanza Spalding and experience the music of the woman who beat Justin Bieber for Best New Artist.






Watch the full episode. See more Austin City Limits.

No comments: