Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tom Ascol On Bin Laden:

My buddy Andrew pointed me towards this article and just like he said, this says what I wanted to say better than I ever could.  Here's a snippet and then you should go read the whole thing.  Here.

Yes, we can celebrate the proper execution of God-ordained justice against evil in the world. But should Christians celebrate the death of the wicked? God doesn't. "As I live, declares the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways" (Ezekiel 33:11). That's why some of the euphoric displays of joy on the part of Christians--even Christian leaders--at the news of Bin Laden's death leave me cold. Their celebrations strike me as more American than Christian--which is precisely the problem with much Christianity in America in our day.

Has your reaction to Bin Laden's death been more about this world than the coming kingdom?

No comments: