Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Vacation Day One:

Holy smokes, have you been to Dollywood?  I went with my family like 20 years ago.  It was a log flume and a general store.  That place has done come up.  (That's the Tennessee local flavor.)  They have, straight up some of the best rides I've ridden ever.  Maybe I'm exaggerating because of sun stroke or maybe it's because there were no lines at any of the rides.

Probably the lines thing.   There were boat loads of people there.  I have no idea what they did because they certainly weren't riding anything.  I felt like a kid again and wanting to run right around to ride again.  But, I didn't because I'm here with an awesome couple and got to switch out and watch their adorable daughters while someone else rode.

That was the pattern all day. Two ride, two watch and then you swap.  If the kids were miserable, it would have been awful.  But, they rule.

So a long day of scorching heat and Dolly Patron music ended with us eating at Logan's roadhouse.  So good.  Then a dip in the hot tub.  My body is even more useless than normal now.  So, tomorrow we chill. 

For those of you keeping me in your prayers as I try to kick my addiction to soda.  Today was trying.  Coke was everywhere and I wanted one bad.  Like defcon 4 (it only goes to 5, right?)  My mouth was dry and parched and I was imagining the sting of an ice cold coke washing it away.  But, I found the strength to resist.  I did have to fight of a face ripping-off frenzy as I nearly devolved into a angry silverback gorilla.

Seven days in and no major mood swings.  But, be forewarned, I may not always be able to control my inner gorilla.  I think being super active has kept my mind off of it.

One more note.  Dollywood should be cheaper.  It's like $57 dollars a person.  If there had been crazy lines the tone of this post would have been much more fussy.  Perhaps some people would have lost their faces today as well.  Thankfully, no lies and a really good time though.  I guess if I have to pay a little extra for unimpeded joy it's worth it.

No comments: