Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stop This Crazy Thing:



It has been a month so far.  I've been away from home more than I've been home and while I've loved every moment of every day I've been away, it's catching up.  I went to Mississippi for a week and then to my sister-in-law's house.  I slept in my bed one night and then left for vacation in the Smokey Mountains got back from that and went to a lock-in until Saturday morning when I then drove to my sister-in-law's again to pick up my sorely missed dog, Matilda.  It was at this point that I fell asleep, at my sister-in-law's, for nine hours.  From eight AM until five PM I slept, long and hard.  Last night I finally made it home to sleep in my bed again.  It was lovely.

I was still exhausted this morning, and I have a week of Vacation Bible School coming up.  So, I'll be leading the music for about 100 kids today.  Hopefully the numbers will be good and I'll not pass out.  Immediately following VBS I will be going back to Mississippi with my family for our first family vacation since I became married.  I'm hoping that we can all get along, because I need a rest right now and am hoping a large part of our vacation is napping.  And we round out the last of the month with a tubing trip to Helen, GA with the youth group.

Luckily, July is significantly less hectic.  I only have one weekend trip with the students and one week long service project.  Of course, there are little one of pool parties and bible studies that I'll participate in, but I'm looking forward to June drawing to a close.  It's been a long one.

No comments: