Sunday, June 5, 2011

Man vs. Nature:

Today I returned home from Children's Camp and then a quick trip to the Sister-in-law's house to visit with my dog.  That trip lasted an extra day because I didn't want to leave my dog after a day.  But, now I'm home.  You may have noticed this recent running around has broken my consecutive days blogging streak and I've come to terms with it.  I'd also like to thank the either of the people who read my blog that noticed I had a consecutive days blogged streak going.

I'll be leaving again Sunday for actual vacation with my oldest friend, but by no means my most aged.  The wife and I will be traveling to Gatlinburg, TN to hang out with He, His wife and their two beautiful daughters.  We'll be staying in a place with a view like this:

That's a crap ton of trees.
That image is taken from the back porch of the cabin we'll be staying in.  Did I mention that this cabin also has a hot tub (to help you cool off during those 100 degree days), a pool, a putt-putt course, and four fishing ponds.  So, this is going to be a pretty sweet week spent with people I love in a place that is pretty cool.

But, Chris, what about a picture taken from the front porch?  Oh, I have one of those, it was taken tonight.   


I can't caption this because I can't think of anything to say that isn't an expletive.  If you know me, then you know I'm no rugged outdoorsman.  I have no doubt in my mind that raccoon has rabies and is going to crawl into my bed in the middle of the night.  I have no doubt that it is going to lay it's devil raccoon eggs in my stomach and then in nine months little awful raccoons are going to burrow from beneath my skin.  I have no doubt that I may have confused some of how raccoons make babies out of pure terror.

Pray for me.  I might have to kick a raccoon.

No comments: