Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bad movies and the trailers that love them:

When I was growing up, I stayed with my grandmother pretty regularly. She had chores and there were no kids in the neighborhood, so I watched a lot of tv. She didn't have cable so I watched a lot of basic channels. Here's the thing, in the late 80's and early 90's the basic channels played Soap Operas or really really B grade movies (is there a C grade?). I imagine this is where my love for B movies started.

After the jump I have the trailer for one of the worst/best movies I saw as a kid. It played every couple weeks and I would watch it all the way through every time. Keep an eye out for, a big eyeball, Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite, and the greatest monologue ever performed by an alien.


I give to you, Terror Vision.



Did you catch everything? Were you able to finish the whole trailer in spite of your fear? Remember this was one of my favorite movies growing up.

I have to ask you, do you remember when trailers where this bad? It seems like now the trailer is as well produced as the movie. As I wrote that I realized the idea stands true for this movie, the trailer, was in fact, as well produced as the movie.

As a point of comparison, I'm including the trailer to the greatest movie of all time, unquestionably, the greatest most life altering film ever to be created or which ever will be created.

No comments: