Friday, February 8, 2008

(Worship = x)

Solve for X.

There has been a bit of friendly discussion going on over at the Fide-O blog. The topic, worship. The questions have gently bounced around what could be called pentecostal practices. Though they have never bashed them and if anything have asked why they are labeled when the actions are promoted in the Bible. Scott Hill posted his response under the title, "Go and Worship". Here's something that really jumped out at me.


"I really don't know when or how we began to get a deformed view of worship, but I do know that the minute worship became something we get or somewhere we go instead of something we do, we have moved out of the biblical model of corporate worship. Bob Kaulfin said the moment we believe that if we do “X” then it will produce worship we have become idolaters."


As a youth minister sometimes I feel like I'm expected to make idolaters. That people are asking me why I'm not driving teens to the newest and best form of idolatry. Unfortunately, if I look at my ministry I have to realize that I've slipped into that mold of idolatry myself. Whether I was trying to repeat results or give my teens what someone else has, I've made form more important than the function.

What are your thoughts?

Go read the rest of the article here.

Ignore

No comments: