Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sound Method

There are moments where I really pat myself on the back. In those moments the sweeping reality of my fallibility comes crashing down with double the intensity of my initial back patting glee. It's right in those moments that the chunk of my brain solely devoted to pessimism kicks on and reminds me of home much work I have left to do. I'm a youth minister. I'm a youth minister at an average sized(nationally, not according to the media)Southern Baptist church. Thankfully, my church is nestled inside a relatively untouched pastoral area. It's beautiful, but not much happens.

I've never had to drive into town before, now I do. Unfortunately for my youth, they are nestled in a relatively untouched pastoral area. Unless they dig Gospel music singings, which have their own charm, my youth are out of luck on the music scene. So, I got a wild hair that I would bring in a quality group. The only problem is I would have to find a quality group that wants to play within a average size Southern Baptist budget.

This is where the back patting comes into play. I got a call one day from these guys, Sound Method. As good as they are the price feels like I'm stealing from them. Check them out. They one of the newest Signees with Fidelity Music and I genuinely expect to be saying, I had them at my church just before they "Made it".

Check out their music, maybe buy a CD, if you are anywhere near Cartersville, GA. make sure you do not miss this show. March 1st, doors open at 7, tickets are $5 before hand and $10 at the door. Here's the crazy part, each ticket you buy enters you into a drawing for a $75 pre-paid Visa card.

Easy money and good music sounds like quite a happy couple. There isn't a jump to take. Just mark your calendars for the show.

And here is the rest of it.

No comments: