Friday, January 25, 2008

One last thing about the Falcons:

Here is a story about the next potential offensive coordinator. Falcons seek to hire Mularkey as coordinator. No, that's not Malarkey. . or phooey, that Mike Mularky. He's been a head coach and all sorts of other coaches and coordinators. Take the leap to see the one thing in the article that really stuck out to me and how I think it will change the way people expect us to draft.

In the article, about three-quarters down(Unintentional Football Pun) there was this quote. "Mularkey's reputation fits new head coach Mike Smith's philosophy about run the football with authority to set up the vertical passing attack."

Ovie Mughelli, Jerious Norwood, and Warrick Dunn are all fine runners and back field assets. In fact I can't heap enough praise on God for making Warrick Dunn as little as he is and still making him able to be a successful running back this late in his career. Jerious Norwood is very, very fast and has a great future ahead of him if he can stand up long enough to make a cut. Ovie Mughelli is over paid, a good Full Back, but over paid. You'll notice I didn't give any of them the title of authoritative. We need an authoritative running back.

So, I'm going against popular consensus and saying that the Atlanta Falcons will in fact skip a first round QB and pick up Darren Mcfadden, RB, Arkansas. Of course I defer back to popular consensus if he is picked before we can get him. I'm like psychic, trust me.

No comments: