Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Heroes Season Finale: Unqualified Rantings

Most everyone know that I'm getting married. What most of you may not know is that getting married costs money. As is such, my fiance and I have taken to a regular Monday date night. We watch Heroes. She even got me the first season box set for my birthday. She doesn't dive into nerdiness, but she doesn't shy away from it either. I'm pretty sure she's perfect.

We'll, I've had some time to process everything and have decided that "Chapter 2" was not as bad as it seemed by some. Take the jump for my opinion and spoilers, if you haven't watched the finale.



I really hate that they've killed Micah's family. I certainly hope that they didn't let Ali Larter go over money. She really did bring, in my opinion, a great dynamic to the cast. I'm especially upset that she never got to fully enjoy being a beast.

That being said, I don't think Nathan will die. I don't think Peter's blood can save him either. I just think he'll get better. Matt Parkman took like 5 shots to the chest and survived. Don't get me started on the miracle blood either, it's so Deus Ex Machina. Maya is good, but has no point, if they are going to, essentially swap her out for Niki she had better become important.

Here comes my personal speculation.

With the scrapping of the virus plot, I think they will try to get back to what they did right last season, putting Claire in danger. I believe that Sylar's version of the virus was just mildly mutated from Niki's and requires a regular transfusion of Claire's miracle blood or he has to steal here joojoo.

I think it's going to let Sylar be like a junky. I'm probably wrong.

Either way, HRG shot Nathan, bank on it. Adam will get out. Kaitlyn is never coming back to the show.

My last thing is this. For calling Chapter 2 "Generations" and promising to flesh out the last generation. . .they sure didn't do that. I am sure i heard that we would see their powers. We saw Bob goldify a spoon, and maybe we saw Mama Petrelli control someones actions. I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Either way, Chapter 2 was a great story that was riddled with slow plot and a lack of immediate purpose. Hopefully, "Villians" will push the pace. I really would like more of the back story and powers of the super parents.

Matt Parkman goes bad in Chapter 3. Maya becomes a worldwide threat. The Haitian steps up and becomes the big deal he should be.

Can't wait for Chapter 3. . .let's pick up the pace, writers.

No comments: