Friday, July 1, 2011

Jon Secada - Do You Believe In Us


This is my guilty pleasure. I'm a sucker for voices that convey soul. Even if they are wrapped in ridiculously poppy music from the 90's. But, what glorious ridiculous pop it is! I mean this comes from a kinder gentler time. I don't think people had even begun to wear their pants lower yet.

Did you catch that? I'm talking about the 90's like they were the 50's. My rose colored contacts are starting to go in. Either way, sometimes late at night I wish we had played some of this stuff at my wedding reception.


I know that we belong
Do you believe in us
Just give it half a chance

Yes our love
Will still be strong
Girl I believe in us
I'll give you all I can
Wow. And, if you were wondering homeboy knows the value of a good gospel choir. I feel like it gets worked into every song he does and I'm not complaining. It all comes back to this being the ultimate guilty pleasure music. Enjoy. The poet. The man. The . . . dry? (that's apparently what Secada means in spanish.)



And, if you ever doubt that this guy has the good live. One time I was watching the opening ceremony for some sporting event and he was on. As me and my too young to know it was uncool to like Jon Secada friends were watching him he fell through the floor of the stage he was on and never missed a beat. It was amazing.

No comments: