Friday, July 11, 2008

Inviting Christ and the Groove into your heart.

Before my wedding I splurged on what has turned out to be a good purchase. In my last gasp of bachelor spending I bought a double disk of David Crowder at Lifeway for like ten bucks. Great songs, all in all a really good pick up, especially for the price. The "Lime" disk was in my car this morning on the way to work and I was listening to a little of each song, till "Sing like the saved" came on. That song reminded me a college and leading worship. So I stopped and basked in the warm limey glow of Mr. Crowder and is Rock and Roll band.

Traveling down the country roads where I live and work allows a certain level of concentration to be given to other tasks that would normally be involved because of other cars or braking. This trip I got to focus on that song. You know what I heard. I head the bass line for "Dee Lites" - Groove is in the heart. If you grew up in the 90's this song was on your "School's Out, Let's Party" mixtape.

To help you out I've included a video of both Mr. Crowder and Dee Lite performing the songs in question. After the jump, listen to the Dee-lite one first, you'll hear the bass line easy. Then one minute in to the David Crowder video you can really hear it.

Crass plagiarism or secretive hero worship? Which one is it Mr. Crowder?

Bonus Points if you know the name of the well dressed bassist in the Dee-Lite video.



1 comment:

Andrew Lindsey said...

Bootsy was majorly slacking off with that bass-line. I wonder how much he was payed to play a part that even I could have come up with in like 5 minutes.