Sunday, October 14, 2007

Burn Me Up:

I recently purchased the new Shane and Shane album "Pages". Do yourself a favor and buy the CD. It's 3/4 awesome! Unfortunately it does have some wasted tracks, in my opinion. Although you might like the ones I don't. I'll tell you what though, if you can listen to it and not be touched by the passion in their voices, you should get your money back. Also, you should check your pulse.

I'm as awestruck by their singing and songwriting as I was in college. I found a fan made video for the song "Burn us up". I want to let you hear the song, the video is amateur, but at least he did it. The song tells the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego as they stood in front of Nebuchadnezzar and defiantly told him that they would only worship their God, the one true God.

The beauty of it is that they say that they know their God is able to save them from the fires, but, and here is, I think, the strength of their testimony, they will burn if He chooses not to. To have faith like that. I pray that I would burn and that I will burn. Check the video and song out after the jump.

No comments: