Thursday, August 16, 2007

Because The DJ Wouldn't Play It:

I saw this video on here a few nights ago. The only reason I'm putting this up here is because it reminded me of a story.

My friend Andrew, or as I like to call him, "The guy who reads my blog" is married. On a fun side note, he and his wife are expecting their first child. Well, since I've set the scene as well as any Hemingway tome I'll just jump right in. Andrew, being the good friend that he is, asked me to help him out. He asked me to put together a "Mix Tape" of songs for his wedding reception. There were some gems on there. You had your Chicken Dance, your Electric Slide, and the song that didn't get played.

I listened as the songs I had lovingly compiled into a single CD of musical friendship passed over the sound system, I couldn't help but feel like the crown jewel was missing. I left the reception, happy for my friend, but mourning the loss of that song. So, here it is, performed by a barbershop quartet, The Ewok Celebration.






2 comments:

Andrew Lindsey said...

This is great, Chris. I never knew the words before!

re: "The guy who reads my blog"

If you want, I'm pretty sure I can entice a couple of antagonistic Roman Catholics to read your blog more regularly. :)

Danger Chris said...

"This is great, Chris. I never knew the words before!"

That's what I'm all about. . .giving back to the people. HA.

Well, as much as I loved the spike in traffic I don't know that they are my "target demo". But, if you have a few Scientologists floating around I'd love to have them come by.