Monday, March 3, 2008

Sad Falcon's News:

With all of the excitement and hullabaloo that is surrounding the new coaching situation in the dirty south, I expected some players I liked to go, but in the back of my head hoped that they'd never let Warrick Dunn go. They did, take the jump.


I loved Warrick from way back during his days with Tampa. He was my height and about my size and attacked defenses like those big 6'3" 220lb backs. He was inspired on the field and an inspiration off of it. Dunn started a organization to help purchase and furnish homes for needy single parents. Having lost his mother at a young age he understood what it meant when someone helped a single parent. It's nice to see an athlete who doesn't cause trouble and who helps more than he hurts the community.

"The legacy he leaves in Atlanta will be long-remembered and appreciated by his fellow players, fans and the community," Atlanta owner Arthur Blank said. "In my mind, Warrick will always be part of the Falcons family."


What a legacy it is, the 22nd back to rush for 10,000 yards. A humble champion for the needy. The man will be greatly missed, by me if no one else. I'll still wear my Dunn jersey during the games. I have to admit though, that if he goes to another team, I'll have a new second favorite team. If he retires I'll tell my kids about the little running back who could.

No comments: